Loch Ness Cruise
There are several companies that offer a Loch Ness cruise. As short as one hour right up to a tour and boat ride which takes over 6 hours.
Cruise Loch Ness
This company is based in Fort Augustus, the boats leave from the centre of the village next to the swing bridge.
Operating all year round with more services in the summer months.
The Royal Scot Boat
- 1 hour Loch Ness cruise with the story of the monster and sonar viewing
- Evening boat trip stopping at Dores Inn pub for supper, returning home via Urquhart Castle
- Exhilarating ride of 1 hour or more, monster hunting with underwater camera
- 3 hour trip including a stop at Urquhart Castle
Leaving from Inverness city centre, Dochgarroch Lock, Tomnahurich Bridge and Clansman Harbour.
The boats all have sonar for viewing under the water.
Listed here are a sample of the trips you can take, there are more on offer.
- Inspiration - 1 hour on Loch Ness with views of Urquhart Castle from Clansman Harbour
- Freedom - 2 hour cruise including 1 hour visiting Urquhart Castle
- Contemplation - 2 hour cruise from Dochgarroch Lock through the Caledonian Canal with views of Urquhart Castle.
- Discovery - 3 hour tour including a boat trip on Loch Ness, visit to Urquhart Castle and return to Inverness by coach.
- Sensation - 3 and half hours - Coach leaves from Inverness to board the boat and cruise on Loch Ness, visit Urquhart Castle then continue by coach to the Loch Ness Exhibition Centre and return to Inverness.
- Passion - 6 and half hour tour from Inverness including coach to Loch Ness Exhibition Centre, visit to the historic Corrimony Cairn, 2 hours at Urquhart Castle and a boat trip on Loch Ness returning to Inverness.
Return to Home Page