Day Trips Around Loch Ness
There is so much to see and do around Loch Ness that you probably won't be able to do it all in one day, so pick what interests you most - or take another day.
North Side of Loch Ness
The road along the north side of Loch Ness follows the shoreline and has amazing views of Loch Ness. Visit some of the following:
- Dalmore distillery
- Glen Ord distillery
- Loch Ness Monster exhibitions at Drumnadrochit
- Divach Falls at Drumnadrochit
- Urquhart Castle
- Moriston Falls at Invermoriston
- Loch Ness shore in Fort Augustus
- 5 Locks and a swing bridge on the Caledonian Canal in Fort Augustus
South Side of Loch Ness
From Fort Augustus the B862 to the south side of Loch Ness is a small road which mostly follows the shores of Loch Ness winding past many lochs and has wonderful views of the mountains to the east. These are all accessible from this road:
- Loch Tarff
- RSPB bird hide - take a short walk from the car park and spend a while in the hide spotting the birds on the loch and surrounding shores.
- Falls of Foyers - a short walk to see the falls, stunning if there has been a lot of rain. Longer walks in the forest if you like and it is possible to see red squirrels.
- Dores Beach
- Cawdor Castle
- Fort George
- Tomatin Distillery
Return to Home Page