This access statement does not contain
personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs,
but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we
offer all our guests/visitors.
We are situated in a quiet position on the edge of Fort Augustus
village. We have rural views of fields and hills to the front and the
Golf Course and the Caledonian canal is behind us. Just a 10 minute
walk to the village along a well lit tarmac path with gradual
inclines up and down. 2 minutes by car.
3 steps up to our
front door but once inside we have 5 bedrooms, 3 of which are on the
ground floor with level access to the dining room and outside
We serve a choice of 4 different breakfasts and use
local ingredients where possible. We make our own Scotch pancakes and
serve jams home made from damsons and plums grown in our own garden.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or
require any assistance please phone 01320 366409 or email
- Full directions are available
on our website, including how to get here by car or public
- The nearest bus stop is 100m
from us but if you tell the driver you are staying with us he will
drop you off at the door!
- This access statement is
available in larger print on request.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is plenty of off road
parking on gravel close to the front door.
- The front of the house and
doorway is well lit at night.
- There are 3 steps up to the
front door with a wooden handrail on one side.
- The front door is 77cm wide.
- Assistance can be given with
- Guests are welcomed in the
hallway which is level and laminated.
- The hallway to the bedrooms is
level and 83cm wide and carpeted.
- Guests are shown the dining
room and their bedroom.
- All bedrooms on the ground
floor have step free level access from the front door.
- There is 1 bedroom with twin
beds 58cm high with level access into the en-suite shower room.
- There is 1 bedroom with a small
double bed 52cm high also used as a single, this room has a private
shower room across the hallway, all level access.
- There is 1 bedroom with a
double bed 55cm high and level access to an en-suite shower room,
this shower room is small.
- Doors to all these rooms are
- 1 bedroom on first floor with
double bed and single bed and en-suite shower room.
- 1 bedroom on first floor with
twin beds and private shower room across the hall.
- All bedrooms have 1 central
ceiling light and 2 bedside table lamps.
Shower-rooms & Toilets
- All shower rooms have the
- Walk in showers with lip of
23cm high and lever type mixer shower tap.
- Toilet height is 42cm.
- Wash basin height is 81cm with
lever type mixer tap.
- Shower rooms 1 and 3 have
ceiling spotlights, shower room 2 has central light fitting.
- All shower rooms have laminate
- Doors into shower rooms are
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings,
- Halls and stairs have short
pile carpeting and central ceiling lights.
- There is a continuous flight of
13 steps to the first floor with a handrail on one side.
- Width of the stairway is 85cm.
- The dining room is on the first
floor and has level access from the hallway and ground floor
- There is a central ceiling
- There is short pile carpeting.
- There is access to the outside
raised deck, there is a short lip of 5cm to the outside.
- The sliding door opening is
- We are able to cater to varying
dietary requirements, please ask when making a booking.
- Crockery is colour contrasted
to the table.
- Breakfast is served but you
help yourself to cereals and juices.
- Menus are available in large
print if available.
- Menus have text and pictures
- There is level grassed garden
all around the property.
- There is a raised wooden deck
accessible from the dining room over a low lip, the deck is bordered
by raised flower beds.
- There is a table and chairs on
- There are 3 steps down from the
deck onto a wooden decked path which is level to the barbecue hut.
- The barbecue hut has access
over a lip 15cm high, there are benches inside for seating.
- There is also a table with
chairs on the grass.
- The nearest doctors surgery is
half a mile away in the village.
- The nearest A & E hospital
is 31 miles away in Inverness.
- Free wifi is available in all
- Televisions all have remote
controls and subtitles available
- Local Public Transport: Citylink and Stagecoach buses
Return to Home Page